Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7

I have been challenged in my Colossians Bible study to "overflow with thankfulness." So, I am trying a new thing on Thursdays, called Thankful Thursday! When we are thankful we seem to forget about what ails us. We begin to see things in a new light. I challenge you to be thankful all the time because God is good!


So today, I chose....my niece and nephews.

Luke - 5          Hannah - 3
This is Luke and Hannah. They are so very precious to me. Each and everytime Luke walks runs into my house, he heads straight to my refrigerator to see what I have to drink. He LOVES his own bottle of drink. His mom is usually telling him he needs to ask first, but he just seems to be so excited and focused on that drink, he forgets to ask everytime. Luke loves to play ball and his favorite song is, "Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord." Luke is passionate, loving, loud, active, and determined. AND he is my baby even if he does call me by my name and not Mandy anymore.

Hannah is one prissy little girl. I just love to watch her play. When she comes to my house she heads straight to the playroom and starts to "cook" and "take care of babies." She will be a great mommy one day. The other day when I saw her, she was teaching because she started Wee School a few weeks back. She kept telling us "everyone sit in your musical chairs." She kept telling us we had to listen while she talked. It is very evident she has been in school. AND what makes it even cuter is the way she talks at 3 years old! I LOVE to talk to her because it is so CuTe!! She is super sweet and I LOVE to watch her entire face light up as I tell her she is beautiful! She is tough (because of her big brother), sweet, lovable, determined and a girly girly!

And this is.....Jonathan Jr.

Jr. - 1 1/2

Jr. is one silly little boy. He is intense. AND he said my name for the first time a few weeks ago!! All the kids call me Mandy because that is what my brothers called me when they were really little! He loves to throw a ball, he loves to read books and LOVES to dress up for church! I think he is destined to be a preacher like his daddy! When music comes on, he is going to start dancing and as you can see through the picture, he is a silly boy! AND he has the cutest curls ever!! He is sweet, kind, lovable, snuggly and all boy! AND he will soon have a new baby sister, Abigail (in about 19 weeks)!

I love these children! I pray that God would use them for His glory! They are all different and unique. God made each one of them with a unique purpose in mind. I pray that each one fulfills that purpose!


No comments:

Post a Comment