Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Self Examination

How many of us take the time to look in the mirror and truely examine ourselves? I have been challenged in the last few weeks to really take a look at myself as a parent. We are so often "pointing the finger" at our children for their misbehavior, but rarely turn that finger on ourselves.
How is that?

It is so much easier for us to deal with the misbehavior and attitudes of our children than our own. It is important to look at ourselves through the mirror of God's Word. Our standard is Scripture, not the world or people around us. The Word of God is The Authority in our lives. Our lives need to line up with the Word of God.

None of us are perfect and we must rely on the Father to lead and guide us. We all have weaknesses and we must rely on the Father so that we can grow towards maturity as believers and parents.

 I challnege you today, look at yourself. Are you setting a good example for your children in the way you talk to them, talk to others, spend your time, deal with anger, impatience, etc. It is never to late to call on God for help.

"When I think on my ways, I turn my feet to your testimonies." Psalm 119:59, ESV)

I

No comments:

Post a Comment