Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In Case You are Wondering: SOAP

When I was in college, I had a youth minister tell me about the SOAP method. I used that method to study Scripture pretty often then, but for whatever reason stopped. Since doing Bible Study with the Good Morning Girls, I have begun to use it again. I love it because it MAKES me slow down and actually read the entire verse, as I am writing it, without missing parts (as it is so easy to do). I thought I would write that here for those who do not know, since I mentioned it in my post yesterday.

S: Scripture (you write out the Scripture word for word)

O: Observation (you make one or two observations about the passage...or as many as you want)

A: Application: (make it applicable to your life, what is God revealing to you in this passage)

P: Prayer: (pray)

I am currently going through the Colossians study with the Good Morning Girls and it is amazing how I am seeing it through a different light as I SLOW down and really study and digest it. I love this method. The Good Morning Girls do several studies a year. Before this one, I did the Proverbs 31 study and it was amazing, as well. If you are interested, check them out at www.goodmorninggirls.org.

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment