Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Defiance

Defiance is the act or an instance of defying: challenge. Disposition to resist: willing to contend or fight.

Defiance is the WILLINGNESS to fight. We have to being WILLING to be defiant. It is a choice we make. God does not make this choice for us, but when we turn a deaf ear to His Word, we cannot help but to be defiant in all areas of our lives. BUT when we are open to God's Word and His correction in our lives, we are open and readily recognize the people He sends into our lives to challenge us!

Proverbs 12:1 says, "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hate correction is stupid."

Wow, I gain knowledge when I am willing to be disciplined. I do not desire to be a "stupid" person. When we want to be taught, there is no end to what we can learn. Being taught means that we are willing to accept learning things from others, whether it be books, conversations, things that challenge us. LISTENING to others and realizing that we do NOT have all the answers is being open to things that God may have for us. When we stick our heals in the mud, so to speak, and refuse to change, we will see very little difference in our lives. I desire to be open to what God has for me, but that means I have to accept His Word and the people He sends into my life to challenge me. When gaining knowledge, I may not like everything I am learning, but I have to be willing to change even when it is hard. When it's beyond me, I have no choice but to have total reliance upon the Father!

***One thing I am finding helpful to me in studying my CTB in this way, it is making it easier to use! By studying the specific Scriptures, it is just a natural part of my conversation. It is amazing how we are challenged in each of these areas each week! I am seeing great results by going directly to God's Word and I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment