Friday, October 26, 2012

Defiance Wrap-up

Proverbs 21:19 says, "Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife."

WOW! The Word of God says it is better to be living alone than to live with a wife that is quarrelsome and ill-tempered. That's strong and I am convicted!

Quarrelsome: apt or disposed to quarrel in an often petty manner

Ill-tempered: ill-natured, quarrelsome, have a bad disposition: cross, surly (arrogant)

WOW! How many times have I been ill-tempered and had a bad disposition because I was sooooooooo tired? Well, guess what? My husband had a long day and was tired too! Who am I to be ill-tempered toward him? When we are ill-tempered, we easily become petty and it can easily become all about "me, me, me!" When we are in this way and we become willing participates to "fight," we are acting in defiance. WOW! Before this study, I would have not considered myself very defiant...but now. WHOA!

As moms, we set the tone in our homes. If we are ill-tempered, have you noticed the rest of the family becomes that way? If you are in a cheerful mood, they become that way to? I believe that is one reason why this is directed at wives first. We do have a hard task before us, whether we stay at home or work outside the home, but we are still instructed to have the attitude of Jesus.

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Chrsit Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-even death on the cross." Philippians 2:5-8

My attitude is to be the same as Christ Jesus. He was in very nature God, but did not consider Himself equal. He made himself NOTHING and became the nature of a servant. He humbled himself and it lead to His death on the cross AND He did it all so I could have my sins wiped away and live with Him in eternity!

We serve our family everyday and it can be a very difficult task. As hard as our days may be, they will never compare to what Christ took for us on the cross. We can persevere and have the attitude of Christ because He is alive in us, working through us IF we allow Him to!

I challenge you, take time for yourself and simply sit in His presence and allow God to refresh you! This is true refreshing! Many times, when I get a break I want to run get a pedicure or do something nice for myself, after all I tell myself I deserve it. When I go and do those things, they fade away. Last time I messed one toenail up before I even got home! But when we allow God to refresh us from our core, we are getting the best rest and refreshing we can get. We are doing more for ourselves than we ever realize! AND we can do more than we ever realized because God is doing it through us! Sidenote: I still love my pedicures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment