Friday, November 9, 2012

Rethinking Things

Do you ever find yourself slipping? It seems all is well and then if not careful you find yourself slipping down this slippery slope?

Well, that's the way I have felt lately. I have been a little off in my post for CTB but that's because we are simply struggling. I am still on target with my reading through them, I'm just simply running to everything and running out of time.

How does it get to the point you seem like everything is somewhat under control and then all of a sudden spiraling out of control??

This is what I believe: As women of God we are trying to be the best we can be in all areas and bring glory to God. You see, the enemy does NOT like that; so he has to create some sort if diversion.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:10
 
The enemy will do ALL he can to bring bad to a situation. We live in a real world where things happen. BUT we have a choice in how we handle those things. When we are giving things to God and allowing Him to handle them for us, the enemy is mad. He does not like that. He usually attacks our mind. If he can get our mind twisted, it messes with how we conduct our life in every area.
 

Look at the depiction between the enemy and Jesus:

The enemy came to KILL, STEAL and DESTROY.
 
Jesus came so that we may have LIFE and MORE ABUNDANTLY! He was willing to lay down His life for us so that we wouldn't have to die eternally!
 

Now, with that in mind:

 
Am I living the abundant life in the way I am managing my life? My activities?
 
We are at the point of rethinking some of our activities. We are running and tired. We are not seeming to enjoy things as we should. My children are ill and tired. And of course, the disobedience roars even more.
 
I believe the enemy tries to steel, kill and destroy our focus, our joy, our life. Whatever he can do to get to us, he will do to get us off track!
 
I have been challenged this week through a book I am reading:
 
SURRENDER: Will you surrender your demand for God to order your life the way you want it to be ordered?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment