Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Gospel

Last week in the CTB, we studied the Gospel.

The Gospel is divided into God, Man, Jesus, What Now?

When looking at these Scriptures, I'm simply in awe of my Savior. It amazes me, how each time you look in Scripture, even ones you have read often, you can still pull something from it and be in amazement of God.

God is....
Creator
Creative
Eternal
A Rock: firm, strong and unchanging
Establisher
Owner
Perfect
(...and many other things)

Man is....
unclean
our righteous acts are compared to filthy rags
sinful
we shrivel up like a leaf
like the wind, our sins sweep us away
not righteous
no understanding
sinner
we fall short of the glory of God
death -- because of sin, this is our payment
destined to die
judgement

Jesus is....
One with the Father
while we were still sinners, He died for us
raised on the third day
trades his righteousness for our sin
tempted in every way, yet never sinned
by His wounds, we are healed

Wow! We are in need of a Savior! We cannot live a day without Him.

What Now?....
Evil men needs to forsake (turn away) from his evil ways
Turn toward God
We are freely pardoned
Repent of our wickedness
Confess with my mouth "Jesus is Lord"
Believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

If you do not know the Lord as your personal Savior, I challenge you today to take that step of faith. If you need to talk with me privately, please email me and we will talk.

Everything listed under each heading came directly from Scripture. If you have the CTB, it is in direct order of the Scriptures that were listed. I did not list them because of this being a patented item. If you have a question about which Scripture reference something came from, feel free to message me and I will give you the reference.

If you don't have the CTB and would like it, you can go to there website to get the materials to make your own.

coahbutton

Today, I am linking up with Good Morning Girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment