Tuesday, December 11, 2012

No Ordinary Tree

A friend of my Mom's gave her a tree in memory of her dad/my grandpa that passed away the week of Thanksgiving. It was the coolest gift ever.

Let me explain....

1. This tree blooms the month my grandfather passed away.

2. The roots are it's foundation. This represents the foundation of my grandfather's life. His foundation was Jesus Christ. That is why he could stand in all situations.

3. The trunk represents his life. His life was strong because of his "right foundation" in Jesus Christ.

4. The branches represent his children.

5. The leaves represent his grandchildren, their spouses and great grandchildren.

My mom planted this tree in her front yard and when she looks at it, it is to remind her of the fruitful life my grandfather lived. It is to remind her that his legacy will live on through all the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

That is super cool. Those of you that know me, know that I LOVE gifts that are packed with meaning. When you look at this tree, it is completely packed with meaning ~ No Ordinary Tree.

And of course, she had to call for help to plant the tree.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! What kind of tree is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right!?! I love these type of gifts! It is a Japanese Red Maple. It's supposed to bloom in the month of November. :) I want to research this a little more. But I was told you are to give it to someone when a parent dies. That would be an awesome gift for your Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete