Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Babies


I found this video of Anna Grace and Noah and thought I would share. Anna Grace had just turned 4 and Noah was going to be 1 in a month and a half. I look at this and wonder where has the time gone?

Anna Grace still had that baby face and baby voice while Noah was pulling up and walking along the furniture. Now she can read, memorizes facts for CC quicker than I can and is full of all kinds of interesting facts. Noah is from 0 to 90 in a split second and talks non-stop. I am not sure where that trait came from, surely not I. HEHE! This video seems like only yesterday, yet so long ago.

I realize each and every day that I must be intentional about treasuring all the good, the bad, the crazy, the chaotic, the rewarding, and the great moments with these wonderful children that God has given Jason and I. It is so easy to go through the motions of everyday life and miss these moments and really not remember them years down the road. It is surprising to me how you can almost forget something that happened until someone reminds you. At the time it occured, you thought you would never forget that.

I desire to take time to engage with my children, not just exist with them. One thing that I have realized through homeschooling is that I spend a lot of time with Anna Grace doing school, but that is not quality time with her in her eyes. She desires to have time with me not doing school.

We have not done official school this week and the highlight to Anna Grace's week was going to eat breakfast with Mommy to talk. She was excited that we could just sit and talk and not do school work. Thankfully my Mom told me how much Anna Grace talked about our breakfast date the night before so that I understood the importance of that moment as well. She sat as close to me as she could get. It was quite a memory. I am so thankful that I have these moments to share with my children.

Of course, my quality time with Noah is so different. He is always on the move so my time with him is normally running around, rolling around on the floor, playing cars or simply listening to him have church. I will have to blog about this soon. He leads worship, plays the drums, and preaches. He does it all. He's so funny and creative!

If I could leave you with one challenge: stop what you are doing for 5 minutes, 10, or 15 and just spend time with your children. Just enjoy them and do NOT feel guilty for not folding the clothes, etc. You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment