Monday, September 24, 2012

Already Gone: part 1

I am reading a book called "Already Gone: Why your kids will quit church and what you can do to stop it" by Ken Ham and Britt Beemer. You can find it here.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/product/Already-Gone-Book,6131,224.aspx

It is a great book that I bought a few months ago and had not had a chance to read yet. I picked it up Saturday and sat on my screen porch in the nice fall weather. I could not put the book down. It is a must read for all parents. At this point I have not finished, but what I have read thus far is shocking!

I first heard of Ken Ham when I was teaching at Greenwood Christian School (2003-2006). I was unable to attend the conference when he was in Greenwood because I was at a teacher conference in Greensboro, NC for continuing ed. I have looked at his material since homeschooling and have not bought any of his curriculum, but it looks super good. It is on my list of possibilities. It is so hard to decide because there are some really great curriculum out there, but God knows what is best for each and every family and at what time.

I am not going to spoil this book for you. I think that it is something you really need to read to get the full impact.

Some things I am pondering as a mom.
  • What can I do to see that my children remain in church?
I know that I have no control over this once they are on their own. But what can I do now that will hopefully keep them in church? When I say church, I am also meaning in a growing, fruitful relationship with Christ, serving in the Church bringing others to the Kingdom of God.

I am going to post on this topic this week! I would love to hear your insight as well. As I began to write, it was so much I knew it would be better in more than one post.


This sounds like it would be a great book as well. This may be next on the list!

Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World

Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly World
With Bible-based practical advice, this unique parenting book makes a great guide for parents with children of any age. Discover how you can begin leaving a legacy that honors God for your family today. Excellent for church-based parenting classes, in-home study/discussion settings, and personal Bible study.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/product/Raising-Godly-Children-in-an-Ungodly-World,5802,279.aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment