Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Amazed by God

I am truely amazed by God and all of His goodeness. I am so thankful that He sees me through each and every day. My desire is to bring glory to His name and be a blessing to others. But, how can I do that aside from Him?

As I was cleaning out my office the other day, I ran across these quotes:


“Time management, a highly developed science today, begins for the Christian with time set aside for God. Other things cannot fall into a peaceful order if this is omitted.”
~Elizabeth Elliot in Discipline - The Glad Surrender~
 
Communion with God tells us what to say “YES” and “NO” to.
 
This is so true. When I feel that my life is spiraling out of control, I take a look and my time with the Lord is not what it should have been. I find that I am a more pleasant person around my family and kids, more focused and productive for Him when He gets that set aside time.

I often get the question as to why would I homeschool? There are multiple reason why we chose to homeschool.

Number one being, we were called by God to homeschool. I am so blessed to be able to homeschool. Each day is so rewarding. I get the opportunity to teach and train my children in the ways of the Lord. I get to watch the light bulb finally go off in their heads when they have been struggling for days to master a skill. I get to watch them get frustrated when they are having a crazy day. I get frustrated at times too, but I am blessed beyond measure.

I can remember the day that I knew without a shadow of a doubt we would homeschool. I was sitting on our couch reading my Bible. Anna Grace was about to turn 4 and Noah was 6 months. I had already said there was no way I could homeschool with Noah being so young. I had entertained the thought earlier on and dismissed it after I had him. My Mom was in Italy at the time on a mission trip. She went with a group of people and my Father did not go. If you do not know my parents, they stick together. This was huge for my mother to go out of the country without my Father. So, I am sitting there reading, meditating, praying. As I was sitting there, I knew the Lord was saying to homeschool our children. He said that if your Mom can go to Italy without your Dad (which was a major step of faith for her), you can homeschool your children. I will make a way for you. I will equip you. WOW! I had taught school, but was fearful of teaching my own children. I think the fear was more of MY plans changing. I had made plans as to what I would do after kids returned to school. That was MY plan, not God's. I am so happy in the fact that we are doing what God has called our family to do.

My challenge in this post is, what is God calling you to do? What is bigger than you? This is bigger than me. God is equipping me daily, moment by moment to do this. He will equip you. Walk in faith. Do as He instructs and your life will be all that He intended it to be. You will feel joy and peace beyond measure, not even counting the lives you will impact. It's all for the glory of the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment