Tuesday, April 9, 2013

By His Grace

As I think about my children and what I want them to become one day, I desire for them to be people who LOVE the Lord with their entire being and share Him with each person they come in contact with. I desire for them to love others as Jesus did, be a reflection of Him at all costs.

But you see, the problem with that is: I am their mom. I love Jesus fully but not so fully.  I am an imperfect being who makes many mistakes so therefore my children will pick up my weaknesses as well as my strengths. They will live out the way my husband and I train them now. We have to train and discipline now with the future in mind. But we are flawed humans, so we MUST rely on the Father to do the ultimate work in their hearts and lives. I am only the tool that God allows to direct my children in the way they should go.

I do not desire for my children to be well behaved and responsible, but not have Jesus. I do not desire for them to marry the right person, have the perfect job, but not have Jesus. I want Him to be first and foremost in theirs lives.

Don't get me wrong, I want my children to have nice things, enjoy live, but more than that I want them to have Jesus because that is where true contentment is found.

So, my challenge today: Are you training your children with methods that create "behavior modification?" Meaning you do things that will change their behavior for a desired result. OR Are you training your children in a way that reaches the heart and leads them to Jesus? When we train the hearts of our children then, we will see true results. It is then that they realize they cannot live apart from Christ and will desire to follow Him completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment