Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Child Training Bible (CTB)

OK I am a little behind in posting on the CTB, but we did have a 2 week break for Christmas for those who are studying the CTB as a group.

I know I have said this before, but I love reading through the Scripture each week because it is helping me to more effectively use the Bible in the way it is tabbed. At first, it felt so foreign to me in this method, but now it is very easy to use. I encourage you to read through your tabs and become familiar with them so that you can easily use it. The more familiar you are with the format, the more easily you can use it as a tool in talking with your children. I have found that I am more at ease and can allow the Holy Spirit to prompt me on what to say once I have studied that tab. I also know what is at my fingertips, so I know exactly where to go. I would encourage you to become familiar with the information on the back of the card as well.

If you just got your CTB, it can be a bit overwhelming, but I would say tab and study one section a week. I did mine in a couple of sittings, but you could break it down if you needed to AND if you would like to read and study the tabs, we are in the middle of studying 1 tab a week. You could join the facebook group to study them or you could do them on your own. I use the SOAP method for each Scripture.

I worked very hard over Christmas to make 2 for other people. It was a lot of work, but well worth the effort and time. Lives will be CHANGED because of the Word of God! I do not regret one minute I worked on those Bibles.

If you do not have your materials, I would encourage you to follow the link on my sidebar and get your today. This was a major part of our 2012 and will be a major part of our 2013. I desire "heart transformation" not "behaviour modificaiton" when I discipline my children and this resource does just that.

I will continue to share what resources I will be using in 2013, but my posts will continue be a little hit and miss for the next week or so. We are in the process of moving our church to a bigger facility so I have been swamped with that lately. Our first service will be this Sunday, so if you read this blog, PLEASE pray for us as we expand to impact the world for JESUS CHRIST!



No comments:

Post a Comment