Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Letting Go of Control

OK, I know! I have not blogged in forever. I may not even have ONE person read this post and that's OK.

I have felt an overwhelming desire to blog lately, but I'm SCARED. I know that sounds crazy. BUT I'm not much of a writer, but I have an overwhelming desire to share what God is teaching me in hopes that some things I write will resonate with you. 

What exactly am I SCARED of? 

1. I will let you down. 
2. I will not represent God properly. 
3. It will consume too much of my time. 
4. I will have writers block. 
5. Control: If I'm not careful I control things. Hint: I am a firstborn. Once it's on the web I have put myself out there and I can no longer control where it goes and what happens with this information. 
6. Who am I to share and write about anything? I'm the same as you. I'm no different. Why me?  I'm only a sinner .... Saved by grace!  
7. Writing grammatically correct is not always my strongest attribute. 
8. I will sound like I have it all together when in fact I don't!
 

That being said... I have to follow God. I don't exactly know what that looks like. I don't and that's what scares me. 

But 2 Timothy 1:7 states

 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

So because I know FEAR COMES FROM THE ENEMY, I am going to follow God! He has given me power, love and a sound mind. BECAUSE of that I can be a voice piece for Him. I can do it without fear. He will guide me EVERY step IF I CHOOSE to follow Him! 

My ONLY desire for this blog is to follow Him as best I can in hopes that the people who read it are drawn closer to Him.... Grammatically correct or not, whether I let you down or not, whether I'm as consistent as others would like. It doesn't matter when it's all for HIS GLORY~ not mine. 

And I'll leave you with one of my favorite verses: 
 
"He must increase, I must decrease." ~John 3:30

So for this to work, He has got to increase and I have got to decrease! 

No comments:

Post a Comment